Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Here we go again. . .

For awhile now I have been wanting to start a new blog, but have struggled with actually sitting down and getting it started.  I have had lots of ideas floating around in my head about what to write about, but haven't made the time to actually get it going. 

Well, today I decided to make the time, so. . . here we go! 


As I write, I am surrounded by two little ones begging for my attention.  In fact, it has taken me over four hours to get this far on my post.  These two, Anna and Lincoln, are my pride and joy.  As their mother, I have an overwhelming desire to raise them up in a godly home and provide for their every need.

I have been blessed with the ability to stay at home full time, which I wouldn't trade for anything in the world.  Our family has decided to make many sacrifices to allow for this to happen, for which I really don't mind. We serve a God who has always provided for our needs and for many of our wants, as well. 

It is no secret that because Reed is in full time ministry, our annual income is low.  It also does not help that we are living in a rough economy where extra side jobs are minimal or basically obsolete.  Because of this, I am always searching for ways to save a little extra here and there while still trying to enjoy life to the fullest.  I love hearing new ideas about how to save a little or come up with things to make life easier.  And I also love sharing ideas that I have heard with others.  There is no need to keep money saving secrets to myself, if they can help others too.
 
Now, I know that there are lots of blogs and websites out there that serve as ways to save and that is not the main reason for this blog.  My purpose is two-fold.  My hope is to inspire people to learn to be better stewards with what they have been given and to journal about the things in life that we have learned along the way. Nuggets of wisdom, if you will. 

I'd love to tell you that I am going to try to post everyday, but let's be practical- I am a busy mom with many things on my plate!  I'd love to hear from you about things you are doing to save and make life a little more enjoyable.  So feel free to comment away! 

1 comment: